One of the worst experiences that can ever happen to someone is probably when the water suddenly gets cold while you’re taking a nice warm shower.
Well, this is what happens when you have a low-end water heater inside your bathroom. These junks are probably cheap, but they lack quality as well. If you want to have a warm bath, you need to get your hands on the best tankless water heater available.
And when I’m saying the best one, I mean the ones that will never run out of the water, give you a good water flow, and of course, the heat stays balanced. Trust me, it won’t cost you a kidney. All you need to do is seek an expert’s advice.
Did I say ‘expert’s advice? Well, I’m going to make sure you don’t get yourself a junk again.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Using Tankless Water Heater
- 6 Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews
- 1. Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX
- 2. Stiebel Eltron 224199 240 V
- 3. Atmor 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 4. EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 5. Rheem RTGH95DVLN Indoor Tankless Natural Water Heater
- 6. Ecotemp FV112-LP Tankless Water Heater
- Features to Look for Before Buying
- Water Flow
- Advanced Flow Control Technology
- Self-Modulating System
- Venting System
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping Up!
Benefits of Using Tankless Water Heater
Before jumping on the reviews, you might think why I’m talking about ‘tankless’ water heaters rather than the normal ones. Guess what? If you go tankless, you save yourself a lot of bummers. Here’s how tankless water heaters benefit you.
- There’s no chance of running out of hot water from tankless water heaters.
- Most tankless water heaters are long-lasting. Some heaters last as long as 10 years.
- Since they don’t have any standby heat-loss, they’re more efficient.
- These heaters are very compact in shape and size and require less space to fit in.
- You can install them almost anywhere you want.
- If you buy a smaller unit, you can simply install it under your cabinet or inside a closet.
- They don’t waste any power, rather they feed on the power they just need to heat the water.
- You can save your electricity bills as well.
- The ones that run by electricity do not produce any greenhouse gas.
- There are a lot of tankless heaters that can be controlled using a remote control. The ones that don’t are pretty easy to use as well, thanks to the digital controls.
- These heaters are more durable, and there’s no chance of the tank being ruptured.
- You get enough water flow, and at the same time, you don’t get to waste the water at all.
6 Best Tankless Water Heater Reviews
Below are the heaters that have been running super-hot in the marketplace right now. Get to know about these heaters, and you’ll be able to find the one that suits you best
1. Rheem 240V Heating Chamber RTEX
On the very first of the reviews, I’ve got the RTEX from Rheem. If you’re someone who’s already done his/her homework on tankless water heaters, you probably know that this branding giant is well reputed for making top-class products.
The RTEX is specially made for residential use and boasts advanced features unlike anything else. As you take a look at it, the premium aesthetic will make you go wow. It’s is pretty compact, meaning it won’t eat up much of a space.
Besides, the heating elements the water heater boasts are made of solid, durable copper. This can withstand all the toughest threats and abuses, for which you get to use this device for years to come.
To make sure you never get to feel the absence of high-tech touch, the manufacturers have made all the arrangements you need. It comes with thermostatic digital control. No, it’s not something you get with the typical heaters.
The advanced LED display with easy-to-use external controls will make your operating experience easy and convenient.
Let’s not forget how fast a water supply you get. While the typical ones make you wait for minutes for the water to get hot, this one heats the water within a snap. As you switch the heater on, it heats the water quickly. For which, you get warm, soothing water ready for your shower within seconds.
As for the water flow, unlike the typical low-end heaters, this one comes with an impressive 3.17 GPM of water flow. So, you get sufficient water pressure that gives you a warming embrace.
The heater is 98% energy efficient, so all you’re getting is a power-hungry beast at an affordable cost. Installing this one is pretty easy and takes a few minutes.
- Comes with a premium outlook and aesthetic
- The tank is pretty compact in shape to fit in anywhere
- Heating elements are made of solid, durable copper
- Thermostatic digital control lets you take to adjust the temperature with ease
- Offers you 3.75 gallons of water flow per minute
- 98% energy efficient and doesn’t waste any power
- Sometimes the LED display flickers a lot
2. Stiebel Eltron 224199 240 V
So, you’ve checked RTEX from Rheem, but you want to go for something that offers you a different taste. Well, you can check out the Eltron 224199.
The whole set offers you two versions of the same model. You’re getting the Tempra and the Tempra plus, while each of them differs when it comes to the kW. As you install them in your bathroom, trust me, it will change the aura for sure, thanks to the premium outlook it comes with.
No, you won’t have to use those typical knobs. The heater has got stunning digital temperature control, which obviously is pretty easy to operate while you get to taste the high-tech attributes.
Now, typical water heaters have one thing in common. You heat them, and the next thing you know, they become cold already.
On the other hand, sometimes the flow of water increases to an excess amount, which obviously is a drag. Well, that’s not going to happen with this heating beast.
The 224199 from Steibel Eltron has got the Advanced Flow Control. This feature allows you to get on-demand hot water every time you go for a shower.
If, by any chance, the flow of hot water increases, the heater reduces it all by itself without you doing anything.
One of the best parts? It doesn’t vibrate or make any weird noise at all. The operation is silent; as a result, you always experience a quiet and calm environment.
As the water touches you, there’s no chance of running out of hot water anytime soon. The storage capacity of this heater is quite huge.
Don’t frown your eyebrows, though. The 224199 is quite compact in shape and eats a small space of your bathroom.
Thehe auto-modulation system is the cherry on top for saving a lot of energy. Since this one is an electric heater, you won’t be needing any vent. That’ll save a lot of work.
- Premium outlook and aesthetic will shimmer a new richness
- Digital temperature control allows you to adjust the temperature with ease
- Advanced Flow Control system keeps the water flow balanced
- Silent operation.
- Comes with huge water storing capacity in its arsenal
- Has a very compact shape, so it fits in almost anywhere easily
- Auto-modulation system saves a lot of energy
- There’s no need for you to use any vent
- Even though it’s rare but sometimes the water drips in
3. Atmor 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
Simple yet functional, the electric tankless water heater from Atmor should be your go-to product if you want to taste what it feels like to have a nice, warm bath.
Most customers love this water heater for its extra-compact size. I mean, yes, I did talk about two compact shaped water heaters above, but compared to others, Atmor comes with a thinner shape.
Bathroom, kitchen, you name it, you can attach it anywhere, and it will completely blend in with the place.
Of course, this one has got the digital temperature control, with which you get to increase or decrease the intensity of heat.
However, it also has a knob, which means you can control the temperature pretty easily, just like that. Besides, the myth has it that the heaters with knobs are more durable.
Speaking of which, the interior of the water heater from Atmor is made of solid stainless steel. This will withstand all the beatings and toughest abuses, no matter what.
No, you don’t have to worry about rust and corrosion just because I said ‘stainless-steel.’ This beast is backed up by anti-corrosion and anti-rust features. So, you can say goodbye to those rusty days once and for all.
Also, the manufacturers didn’t forget to set the advanced self-modulating system that saves a lot of energy. At the end of the month, you can save up to 50% electric bills, and it’s just a piece of cake.
And guess what? You don’t have to worry about the inner system getting all wet even if you use it in your bathroom. As you turn on the water, you get to experience the impressive hot water flow up to 3.7 gallons per minute.
Atmor is completely IP54 certified when it comes to keeping the internal components safe and dry 24/7. Besides, this heater doesn’t need any venting at all, for which you get to save yourself from a lot of work.
- Extra compact in size and boasts a slender body
- Adjusts the heat-intensity easily with digital temperature control
- Solid stainless-steel interior enhances the durability of the product
- Has got an anti-rust and anti-corrosion feature for long-lasting quality
- Advanced self-modulating system lets you save up to 50% electric bills
- You get to experience no less than 3.7 gallons of water flow per minute
- Keeps the internal components dry 24/7
- You won’t be needing any venting to run this device
- The body of the heater becomes too hot sometimes
4. EcoSmart Eco 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
For low maintenance, I think the Eco 27 from EcoSmart is one of the best heaters, if not the best electric tankless water heater available. It’s affordable, it’s durable, and most importantly, it’s way too functional. Let’s see what this one has to offer.
Speaking of low maintenance, unlike the mainstream ones, this heater has got copper and stainless-steel components teaming up with each other for the ultimate functionality and durability.
There’s an anti-rust feature, which makes sure the heater stays away from rust as well corrosion for years.
On top of that, the pipes are not exposed, rather they stay inside the heater. As a result, it stays away from dust and debris. Meaning, you don’t have to clean it on a daily basis.
As for the functions, it has got a digital temperature control that allows you to adjust the heat intensity pretty easily. No, there’s no need for you to use knobs since there’s none. The makers have kept the temperature-display quite big. So, you’ll be able to read the digits very clearly.
If you’re worried about the splashes of water getting in touch with your heater, it’s time to wave that off. EcoSmart Eco 27 is resistant to water, and its inner components are sealed in such a way that there’s no chance of water getting inside.
Besides, to make sure you don’t stress about safety issues even for a bit, the device keeps the temperature in control so that it doesn’t get too high to such an extent where it will burn your skin.
As for saving energy, this heater is the perfect catalyst. When the typical ones increase your electricity bills at the end of the month, this one, with its self-modulating technology, feeds on less amount of electricity to run. Thus, you end up saving a lot of money as well.
- Comes with copper and stainless-steel components for durability
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion feature keeps the quality last longer
- Pipes stay unexposed and protected from dust and debris
- There’s no knob; you can easily use the digital temperature control
- Comes with a water-resistant feature
- The Self-modulating system allows you to save a lot of energy
- Could be more durable
5. Rheem RTGH95DVLN Indoor Tankless Natural Water Heater
Fell in love with the water heaters from Rheem? You can check this gas tankless water heater from the same giant. It has got everything to fill your cup, and most importantly, this heater will meet your budget for sure. So, let’s take a look at what this one has to offer.
Not all the water heaters can heat water too quickly. The more the water, the more time it needs to make sure the water is hot.
This beast from Rheem turns the table, though. As you turn on the heater, it will allow you to experience 9.5 gallons of water flow per minute. Now you don’t see that every day, do you?
The best part? You’re getting a remote controlling device with the whole set, which lets you control the heater even if you maintain a specific distance.
Unlike the mainstream, this one is 94% energy efficient, which means you waste less amount of power and save a lot of electricity bills as well.
If you think you need to increase the heat intensity, you can simply use the intelligent electronic control. This will increase energy efficiency, and you’ll get hotter water.
Speaking of which, you never get to waste an extra amount of water since the heater keeps the water flow balanced. This heater comes with the low-NOx system; as a result, installing it anywhere is easy, no matter where you want to install it.
It’s quite compact in shape and weighs no more than 75 pounds. So, you can easily carry it anywhere and install it even in places with space issues.
- Quite affordable and budget-friendly
- 9.5 gallons of water flow per minute
- 94% more energy-efficient than typical heaters
- Comes with intelligent electronic controls for heat adjustment
- Keeps the water-flow balanced whenever it increases or decreases
- Low-Nox system allows you to install it very easily
- Boasts a compact shape to fit in anywhere
- Makes a vibrating noise sometimes
6. Ecotemp FV112-LP Tankless Water Heater
Last but not the least, I have the FV112-LP from Ecotemp in the best tankless water heater reviews. Even though it looks pretty simple, it’s way too much functional than you can imagine. Let’s take a look.
Most customers get their hands on this water heater for the way it cuts down electricity bills. It doesn’t waste your electricity, even for a bit.
The heater can heat up to 3.6 gallons of water per minute, but if you look at the bright side, you’ll see it comes with an energy saver. This means it gets activated when only in use, the device doesn’t keep on heating the water when you don’t use it.
For which, you save a lot of energy and energy bills at the end of the month. That’s something you don’t see every day, do you?
Tankless water heaters that run by gas have one problem in common, especially the typical ones. They come with low-end vents, on the contrary, this one has got a powerful and efficient venting system, which makes sure the gas stays out 24/7.
Besides, the vents are made of solid stainless steel for extra durability, and on top of that, they’re coated with anti-rust and anti-corrosion features as well.
The ignition system runs by electricity, and it’s completely safe. Just turn on the heater, and the water will start to boil. As for other features, there’s an easy-to-read temperature display. Let’s not forget, it’s made of heavy-duty material and can withstand a beating.
- The heater heats up to 3.6 gallons of water per minute
- Saves a lot of energy as it gets activated when in use
- Has got a powerful and efficient stainless-steel venting system
- Comes with anti-rust and anti-corrosion attribute for durability
- The Electrical ignition system is pretty safe and easy to use
- Made of heavy-duty material to withstand all the beatings
- The flow-rate is a bit low
Features to Look for Before Buying
Simply reading the reviews won’t help if you want to get your hands on a good-quality tankless water heater.
You got to know what features you should look for before buying it. If you think you don’t have much of an idea, you should give this section a read. I’m discussing what you should consider before buying it.
Not saying it’s that important, but if you’re someone like me who doesn’t want to compromise the looks at all, you can go for a water heater that looks rich and posh. That’s something you can boast about in front of your guests, right?
So you’ve bought a water heater, it looks posh and gorgeous. But just when you try to take a warm bath, it doesn’t come with good water flow. That’s something you can’t just ignore, can you?
Well, make sure you see the GPM (gallon per minute) the heater offers you. This determines how much water flow you’re having and how much water the heater is going to heat.
If your heater is not that energy-efficient, it will waste a lot of power. So, make sure you go for a water heater that uses up all its energy into power. You can go for the ones that are about 94% to 99% energy efficient.
Advanced Flow Control Technology
This feature is one of the most important ones when it comes to safety. Sometimes the flow of hot water increases. This can be a threat since you can get your skin burned.
To make sure you always stay safe from such problems, you should go for a heater that comes with the Advanced Flow Control System. This will keep the water flow balanced all the time, no matter what.
You don’t want to spend a fortune at the end of the month when your electricity bills raise high, do you? Well, get yourself a tankless water heater that comes with a self-modulating system. With this feature in the arsenal, you’ll get to save a lot of energy and your energy bills.
There are water heaters that are a bit bulky. If you buy one of these, it will eat a lot of space. Besides, they’re pretty heavy, and carrying them can give you a bummer. This is why, whenever you’re buying a tankless water heater, make sure it’s compact in shape and size.
Not all tankless water heaters need a venting system, especially the electric ones. If you buy a heater that runs by gas, you’ll need to use vents. So make sure the set you’re going for comes with a powerful and efficient venting system. This will help the gas pass out of your house.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use tankless water heaters for radiant floor heating?
If your water heater is a powerful and effective one, you can use these for radiant floor heating. All you need to do is know the steps for how to use them.
2. Will I be able to adjust these heaters with a normal faucet?
Sure, the normal ones should be perfect to be completely compatible with your heaters.
3. Is it hard to change or install these heaters?
Not really. All you need to have is some basic plumbing skills along with some electrical dos and don’ts. You’ll be able to install or replace your heaters all by yourself.
4. Am I getting any warranty offered with the ones you’ve mentioned?
Of course, all of these products come with warranty offers. However, if you ask me the duration, I’ll say you should talk to the seller you’ve bought the heater from.
Now that you’ve gone through all the reviews, I don’t think you’ll have a hard time finding the best tankless water heater at all. Even though the products here have got their benefits along with few drawbacks (and which one doesn’t?), they’re perfect for any residential use. All you need to do is pick up the one that meets your taste.