When you want to keep your room’s environment perfect, there are several things to sort out. The moisture can be more or less, and the air can be polluted.
And in such a situation, you might get into a dilemma about what to choose. What are the best among humidifiers, air purifiers, and dehumidifiers?
Here is the solution! We will tell you how you can differentiate among them and pick the right one according to your requirements.
Check the mentioned comparison to learn more!
Table of Contents
What is Air Purifier
An air purifier is a machine that works for purifying the air. Byt purifying the air, it helps in improving the quality of the air. Along with this, it works for removing all sorts of pollutants and other such elements of a specific room.
Performance of Air Purifier
As we have told you already, the air purifier’s work is to catch all the pollutants of the air of a specific room and collect them.
The air of your room will be filtered with this purifier. While filtering, it is ensured that the air goes through various layers of filters to get appropriately purified.
As a result, it can strip all the pollutants by several layers of filtration. It can trap almost all sizes of contaminants.
However, in this case, you might need to replace the filters. Every 3 to 6 months, you might need to change the air purifier filter to keep your room fresh.
When it comes to irritants like smoke and pollen that can affect your lungs, air purifiers can be a fantastic solution.
It also traps pollen and makes the interior free from pollution. Please don’t confuse it with the humidifier. If you check out the air purifier vs. humidifier details, you will know air purifiers make the room’s air clean, where the humidifier adds moisture
Who Needs It?
- People that are fond of the healthy environment around them in their house must get an air purifier as these can make the city life wholesome.
- If you are an allergen, you can pick up an air purifier. This helps in lessening the pollutants like pet dander and pollen. As a result, you inhale only fresh air.
Note: In this case, we will recommend you to settle for the HEPA filter air purifiers. These have the best facility to reduce pollutants that can cause allergies. It will filter the air from 99.00% to 99.96%.
- The underlying reason for people buying an air purifier is the respiratory issues caused by smoking or infection. It can purify the secondhand smoke or SHS. Passive smokers will also need an air purifier to inhale clean air. Asthma can be reduced by purifying air too.
What is a Humidifier?
When you have an arid space or room, you might want to add some moisture to the space.
A humidifier is a machine that can prevent any dryness in your room. When you deal with humidifier vs. dehumidifier, you must know that they are the opposite.
You can set them up permanently in your room. On the contrary, you can also get some portable humidifiers for carrying them in all the other spaces.
Performance of Humidifier
When you have a dry room, skin irritations are common. Along with skin, your nose and throat can get dried out.
Your lips will get dried if there is no moisture in your room. In this case, the best thing to go for is a humidifier.
Often people confuse air purifiers and humidifiers. However, if you plan to add something in a dry place, it is better to pick up a humidifier over a purifier.
A purifier will only clean the air, but it won’t add any moisture.
The moisture of the air ranged between 0% to 100%. However, when the humidity gets higher, it might be hot weather.
As a result, you might feel sweaty. But in the case of 100% humidity, you won’t sweat as the weather of the room will not allow evaporating the sweat.
On the contrary, when the humidity is low, you might feel that it is cold. And when it goes below 32% or so, the environment will get drier and more chill.
As the water evaporates fast in this situation, you might need a humidifier to balance it.
Who Needs It?
- If you want to add moisture to your room dried out, you can settle for a humidifier. Humidifiers can lessen the arid climate and face it ideally.
- If you have issues regarding dry skin, nose, or throat, this can be a solution. If you want to resolve the problems regarding itchiness of your skin, buy a humidifier.
- When someone faces nose bleeds continuously, you might understand that there is less moisture in your house.
- In some cases, you might face respiratory issues for a dry environment. On such occasions, humidifiers can be helpful.
What is Dehumidifier
This machine is precisely the opposite of the one we have mentioned previously. Yes, as the name says, it is a dehumidifier; it is precisely the opposite of a humidifier.
As the humidifier’s work is to add moisture, the dehumidifier’s job is to absorb moisture.
On the other hand, there are fundamental differences when it comes to air purifiers vs. dehumidifiers. The air purifier absorbs the air to trap pollutants where the dehumidifier does it to trap moisture.
When there is additional moisture in your room, this is the best way to remove it!
Performance of Dehumidifier
A dehumidifier works for removing the additional moisture of the air! There are two different methods in which the dehumidifier works.
The work of this machine is refrigeration. First of all, it helps remove the extra moisture. Then, it warms the air and releases the air in your room.
The other process in which the dehumidifier works is by absorbing the moisture. In this case, it absorbs the moisture.
As a result, the moisture is kept there inside a specific area. Later, this moisture is taken out for further use.
If you have condensation on the windows or space has mold, there will be excess humidity.
To dry out the area and balance the low moisture level, a humidifier can be helpful. It will also lessen the chances of mold.
Who Needs It?
- If you want to reduce your room’s moisture without switching the AC on, this can be a perfect solution.
- Some objects don’t last long in a humid area. So, a dehumidifier can be beneficial in that case.
- If you have any respiratory issues caused by a humid area, you can buy a dehumidifier.
- If there are dust mites or any musty smell, a dehumidifier can help you eliminate these.
If you are confused about what to get among air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers, this easy comparison can be highly helpful for you. All you need to do is check out the differences and know what to buy.
Please write to us about which one you use and why. Also, share the pros and cons of these machines that you have used.